Welcome All Educators and Staff to the ancient world-wide craft of:
“Wet” and Dry Felting”
with soft sheep’s fleece of white, and many sublime colours.
Wednesday April 6, 2016 – 6:30pm-8:30pm
Ballina Byron Family Day Care Ooffice – 17 Brunswick Street, Ballina
You will learn:
- Facts of the sheep’s wool: How and why is it a healthy modality for children to be exposed to and to do ‘craft’ with?
- How to “play” with the fleece.
- How to create a mat or ball or shell with fleece, soap and water.
- How to “ dry-needle felt” flowers, animals, designs or patterns.
- We will story & laugh, creating “simply beautiful things” for our world.
- You will learn how to offer the same for your children and families.
Materials and Light Supper included.
Developing our skills of Imagination from Inspiration, we will hone our Observation efforts. Our own Self Expression, and Intuition will ensure children are safe and will flourish with this craft activity. “Special needs” too will be enveloped.
Sandra Frain has been devoted to the development of meaningful educational programs for many decades. She has most recently been coaching and mentoring teachers and parents in various parts of China. In the Byron Shire Sandra is best known for her successful “Family Style” Day Care that she hosted in her Mullumbimby home for Seven years. Crafting has been a part of Sandra’s life from childhood. She is from a lineage of Hand- workers”. Sandra has formal credentials including a Bachelor of Child Study and a Masters in Steiner Education. Sandra Frain: Living loving learning (and Laughing too) Educational programs for people of all ages www.sandrafrain.com