- “I have loved making sourdough since your course, thank you for being so down to earth and making it feel easy!” – Sophie Dec 2019
- “You have been such a wonderful teacher for us and our kids. We love the playgroup. I always feel much more calm and centred after your playgroup. Thank you for creating such a lovely group for the children. We will be back next year” – Amy Nov 2019
- Thank you for today. I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your positivity, and your welcoming and flexible approach to the routines of the playgroup w Teddy. He struggles w new places and faces and I struggle to now whether I’m pushing him too much. Your calm manner and warm expressiveness puts us both at ease. You are a great example to the children and parents in your group. Today, Teddy and I made some pita chips with your dried rosemary. They are yum.
I would love your porridge recipe too – we’ll call it Sandra’s porridge! (2019)
- Dearest Sandra, I wanted to write and thank you for sharing this wonderful year with us. When I first came home to Sydney after living abroad, I was coming home as something entirely new – a mother. It was your Playgroup that game me a place where I felt I truly belonged. Honestly, you have made my mothering experience so much of what it is today, giving me a place where we felt so loved, welcomed and appreciated. And what a joy it’s been for me seeing Juliette grow in such a beautiful environment and become so comfortable with you and everything you offer us – of course she loves the food and is always asking me to sing the songs throughout the week, but more than that you’ve given her a space where she feels safe to explore and be herself. You’re so deeply appreciated by us Sandra, and we hope to share many more wonderful years with you in the future. With all our love and warmth, Charlotte & Juliette
- “Dear Sandra, I stood there quietly for a moment, looking at you three, busy as bees, working so well together. The boys were so eager to help! And I thought to myself – how lucky am I to witness this fleeting moment of pure magic. And then I realised I couldn’t keep it to myself…I wanted to be able to show Hugo and Barnaby’s parents how fortunate and blessed we are to have you Sandra in our lives, to get to visit the sacred space of the school and garden, to attend this weekly gathering of love and humanity. How much these moments are shaping our souls, adults and children alike…From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Hugo and I love you.”
- “My mum and I really enjoyed the workshop and have come away inspired 🙂 – Ash (& Jill)
- “it was such an amazing experience attending the biodynamic day of your [teacher training] course. There were so many instances which I can only describe as the light bulb in my head fusing with the light in my heart. You spoke from a place in your heart where not many dare go” – Heidi
- “A beautiful heart felt joyous meaningful experience ”
- “A beautiful day. I felt so uplifted afterwards.”
- “Thank you for the real space to be able to feel comfortable enough to release some emotion.”
- “Thank you for your kindness, enthusiasm and inspiring…Thank you with all my heart.”- Trang, Vietnam,
- “My mum and I really enjoyed the workshop and have come away inspired”- Ash & Jill, Australia
- “One of the most engaging, funny and enlivening workshops [I’ve] ever been to” – Victoria
- “Thank you for your infectious joy and soulfulness and wisdom and grace” – Janna
- “Thank you for showing me how being ‘yourself’ in your profession can create love and creativity. I have realised that my studies and professional development have long ignored the importance of this which I think is vital to build relationships and create warm, playful and homely learning environments for young children and families.” – Sophie
- ” I’ve seen Sandra Frain at work and know that her technique, knowledge, experience and heart are worth sharing. Her stellar reputation as nature-based, child and parent educator, both locally and internationally, is well-deserved.” – Teeya Blatt, President, Byron Youth Service Committee of Management
- “I LOVED your workshop on thursday night….Im so excited to visit the educators who attended to see their new found knowledge and skills in practise….”
- “….filled to the brim and overflowing with culture & authenticity!”
- “I have not met anyone that can match the enchantment in your classes of wonder, especially with children & Grail questors. You have the way of making everything so charming & blissful, we are all under your spell & love every minute of it – how lucky we have been. Your purpose is easy to see from my perspective & the light of that purpose has been kindled in your soul & people can FEEL your purpose because you live it.”
“I took much inspiration, and appreciation of the consciousness and sacredness you bring to your work. I recognise how caring for our children is God’s sacred work, and I could witness how you are a living example of this expression ….. an elder from which us new mother’s learn.”
“Her wisdom, respect for the other (religions, beliefs or passions) is immense.”
THE JOY OF PARENTING (CANADA WORKSHOP) FEEDBACK:
- “The environments for the workshops were made so cozy, so inviting. The workshops were engaging for all. We were Living the pedagogy not just talking about it or being lectured to. Many participants have not heard a story nor seen a puppet show. This would have been new to them. I enjoyed the tactile experiences: the grains, the dough, the wool. I can’t wait to do this with my children at home , with my class. The workshops are counter culture because most teachers and teaching institutions don’t teach this way: actually doing what we would so with the children. It was so refreshing”.
- “After the “Joy of Learning and Parenting” experiential workshop, the school teachers were more joyful; they were singing, they made a calm and loving mood for the children and they created some of the activities you taught us like using grains and clay for dry and wet moulding opportunities. The boys especially loved these. The mood in the classrooms was more joyous and calm. The ‘circles’ had more ‘intention’”.
- “Parents reported being more attentive to their children ( various ages), following Sandra’s encouragement that parents give their children eye contact when speaking with them, and be genuine in their interest while communicating with their children”. – Canada
- “A parent who attended both educational evenings spoke of singing to her young children more and noticing an uplifted mood. She said that her children enjoyed the “messy sensorial play activities and that she personally also feels these health benefits. She was delighted to make an impromptu story for introducing a birthday present to her captivated children, along with the song” From you I receive to you I give”.
- “Sarah said the most important message for her of “The Joy of Parenting “ evening was for her to be “more intentional “ as a parent. She sees that she is often trying to “get the parenting out of the way so she can get on with what she needs to do”. This evening helped her to see that she could enjoy being with her children more. She can enjoy the process and be less”results” oriented”.
- “Ian said he was grateful to have learned so much about so much including child development and ways that he can be with his child. He did not realize there was so much scope in the topic. It gave him a lot to think about”.
INSPIRED DEDICATION TO CREATIVE TEACHING FEEDBACK:
- “Thank you for such a beautiful heart felt joyous meaningful experience on Saturday.”
- “Thank you Sandra for a beautiful day. I felt so uplifted afterwards.”
- “Thank you for the real space to be able to feel comfortable enough to release some emotion.
TEACHING IN CHINA FEEDBACK:
- “She is the most energetic lady I have ever met during my working experience” – Leo, China
- “Of all the teachers we have had here in 8 years the student have learned most from you. In addition to teaching them of nature and children and teaching, you have taught them of their own Chinese land and culture.” – Li Yen- Founder of Phoenix Academy, 2015
- “Before your teaching I did not know how to play. NowI know how to play and how to play with children. I will practice a lot because I know how important it is. Thank you Sandra.” – Student (27)
- “You have taught us freedom to think and draw and tell stories. That what we do is important. This is a new way of education for us. Now we can share that way with the children. We did not know another way until now. You are the best teacher we have ever had because you help us care for ourselves.”- Student (23)
- “No one has ever listened to us before. They were not interested. Now I know what it feels like to be listened to and understood. Now I know how to do that for the children. Thank you Sandra.” – Student (18)
- “You treated us as equals, none of us better than the other. Each voice was as important as the other and through role playing a potential complex problem at camp I have learned what it feels like to be a different point of view to my own. This was really powerful for me. Thank you.” – Student (20)
- “I was afraid of communicating with other people before I came to this training. I am not afraid any more. I enjoyed sharing my stories and pictures. An outstanding memories for me of this week was when you said we are not just the teacher, we are the farmer and doctor and artist too. I am really excited to think of my work this way. Thank you.”
- “I’ve been to a few nature training with children sessions. They are boring and just about the rules that children must follow. We don’t learn about what to do with children. Now I have some ideas of what to do with children and then there is not much need for rules.” – Student (22)
- “I have learned the most important thing is to make a rainbow bridge between myself and the child. I know how to do this with all of the children now. Thank you for teaching me how to make friends. You are my best friend and teacher. Thank you.”
- “I never thought I would make a doll out of thing air, or create a powerful and unconstrained story, or draw something on a piece of white paper, because previous education has always been missing this piece. When I look at these, I feel a sense of achievement and think I overcame this fear, not just communication with a foreign teacher, but to create something takes courage. I think the teacher’s education succeeded, because with such courage I might change my attitude to life and how I handle things.” – Student (23)